Committees & Boards
Top in The Council of the Town of Raymond was elected on October 26, 2021. This Council will serve until its term expires in October 2024.
Council Photo 2021-2025
1st Row (left to right) Councillor Kelly Jensen, Mayor Jim Depew, Councillor Kate Kindt,
2nd Row (left to right) Councillor Neil Sieben, Councillor Matt Evans, Councillor Allen Tollestrup, Councillor Bryce Coppieters and CAO Kurtis Pratt
Council Contact Information
Mayor Jim Depew – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Mayor Matt Evans – email@example.com
Councillor Bryce Coppieters – firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillor Kelly Jensen – email@example.com
Councillor Kate Kindt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillor Neil Sieben – email@example.com
Councillor Allen Tollestrup – firstname.lastname@example.org
Born and raised in Raymond, Alberta, I am am proud to call Raymond home. We have a lot to be grateful for living among neighbors who value community, safety, and family-centered values.
The Town of Raymond has always strived to be at the front lines of innovation and improvement. As a result of this mindset, we are the first municipality in Canada to be electrically net-zero for our municipal operations due to our Municipal Solar Initiative, offer symmetrical gig fibre internet to each home in Raymond allowing our residents to work anywhere in the world while calling Raymond home, and facilities that can not be matched by any other municipality our size.
My hope as Mayor is that we can take the progress we have made and continue to improve in all aspects. Together we can make The Town Raymond a haven that attracts others looking for a real sense of community that is hard to find today.
As a Council, we strive for transparency and cooperation. We depend on the residents of The Town of Raymond for feedback to know what is important to you and how we can make Raymond an even better place to call home!
Council Committees & Boards
As per Section 145 of the Municipal Government Act, Raymond Town Council may pass bylaws to establish what are called “council committees and other bodies.” The purpose of these committees and other bodies (boards/societies/advisory groups) is to examine issues that may come before Council in greater depth and detail.
Standing and Ad Hoc Committees
The Town of Raymond has a committee structure that includes:
- standing committees (permanent bodies with jurisdiction over specific ongoing policy areas such as finance); and
- ad hoc committees (temporary committees established to investigate and advise Council on short-terms issues and problems).
Below is a list of the Town’s current standing and ad hoc committees. Please click on each to view their terms of reference.
Ad Hoc Committees
Legislative and External Boards/Committees
In addition to conducting its business through a committee structure, Raymond Town Council also conducts its business by appointing members of Council to sit on what are called “legislative boards and committees” and “external boards and committees”. Legislative boards and committees derive their authority from provincial legislation (as opposed to bylaws); external boards and committees are, generally speaking, community focused, grassroots boards and committees that have been formed by Town residents/members of the general public to address various issues of concern and advance the public interest.
Below is a list of current legislative and external boards and committees to which a member of Council has been appointed. Please click on each to view their terms of reference or websites.
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Chinook Arch Regional Library Board
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Committee
- Intermunicipal Development Plan Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Oldman River Regional Services Commission Assessment Review Board
- Oldman River Regional Services Commission Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Union Collective Agreement Committee
- 4 Mayors/CAO Group- Cardston, Magrath, Raymond, Stirling
- Barons Eureka Warner FCSS
- Chief Mountain Solid Waste Services Commission Committee
- Chinook Arch Regional Library Board
- Community Futures Lethbridge Board
- Raymond Free Pantry Society
- Raymond Agricultural Society
- Raymond and District Chamber of Commerce Board
- Raymond Farm Safety Committee
- Raymond Handibus Society
- Raymond Historical Society
- Raymond Stampede Society
- Raymond Wellness Coalition
- Ridge Country Housing Authority Committee
- Ridge Regional Water Commission Committee
- Southern Alberta Chief Elected Officials Committee
- Southgrow Regional Partnership Committee
Committee Appointments Master List 2021-2022
Appear Before Council
Box 629 210 N 200 W Raymond, Alberta T0K 2S0 Ph: 403-752-3322 Fax: 403-752-4379
Register with us to receive updates on local news and events from Town of Raymond, Alberta
List of Events
- New Website Launch on April 29, 2019 12:00 pm
- Council Meeting on May 7, 2019 6:00 pm
- Council Committee on May 14, 2019 6:00 pm
- Council Committee on October 8, 2019 6:00 pm
- Council Committee on October 22, 2019 6:00 pm
- Finance & Audit Committee Meeting on November 13, 2019 8:00 pm
- Community Engagement Committee on November 25, 2019 6:00 pm
- Tourism & Economic Development Committee on November 27, 2019 9:00 am
- Historic Resources Committee on December 4, 2019 6:00 pm
- Community Engagement Committee on December 23, 2019 6:00 pm