Committees & Boards
op in The Council of the Town of Raymond was elected on October 16, 2017. This Council will serve until its term expires in October of 21 when a new Council will be determined by popular vote. We value your input and seek to be as open and transparent as possible regarding the decisions we make and how we make them.
Council Photo 2018-2021 (Photo was taken after the passing of Councillor Ralph Price)
1st Row (left to right) Councillor Stewart Foss, Mayor Jim Depew, Councillor Ken Heggie,
2nd Row (left to right) Councillor Bryce Coppieters, Councillor Ron Fromm, Councillor Joan Harker, CAO Kurtis Pratt
Born and raised in Raymond, Alberta, I am am proud to call Raymond home. We have a lot to be grateful for living among neighbors who value community, safety, and family-centered values.
The Town of Raymond has always strived to be at the front lines of innovation and improvement. As a result of this mindset we are able to offer Axia Fibre, Raymond Public Wifi, and facilities that can not be matched by any other municipality our size.
My hope as Mayor is that we can take the progress we have made and continue to improve in all aspects. Together we can make The Town Raymond a haven that attracts others looking for a real sense of community that is hard to find today.
As a Council, we strive for transparency and cooperation. We depend on the residents of The Town of Raymond for feedback to know what is important to you and how we can make Raymond and even better place to call home!
Council Committees & Boards
The following are the Terms and References for the various Community Boards that are either under the direction of Council or who have a Council member who sits on their committee and represents Council. Please click on the links below. For additional information on the Achievement, Tourism and Economic Development, Historic Resources, Community Engagement Committees and the Raymond Wellness Coalition please click here.
Committee Terms and References:
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Committee
- Union Collective Agreement Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Heritage Days Committee
- Municipal Library Board
- Bylaw and Policy Committee
- Beautification Committee
- Tourism and Economic Development Committee
- Historic Resources Committee
- Achievement Committee
- Sugar City Development Corporation
Council Ad Hoc Committees
- Community Engagement Committee
- Stampede Transition
- Agricultural Society
- Barons Eureka Warner FCSS
- Canadian Badlands Initiative
- Chamber of Commerce
- Chief Mountain Solid Waste Authority
- Chinook Arch Regional Library Board Committee
- Community Futures Board Committee
- Farm Safety Committee
- Handibus Committee
- Historical Society
- Mayors/CAO Group- Cardston, Magrath, Raymond, Stirling
- Mormon Trail Committee (MTC)
- Oldman River Regional Services Commission Board of Directors ORRSC Committee
- Raymond Wellness Coalition
- Ridge Country Housing Authority Committee
- Ridge Regional Water Commission Committee
- Southern Alberta Chief Elected Officials Committee
- Southgrow Regional Partnership Committee
Box 629 210 N 200 W Raymond, Alberta T0K 2S0 Ph: 403-752-3322 Fax: 403-752-4379
Register with us to receive updates on local news and events from Town of Raymond, Alberta