Re: Road Closure of a Portion of Granite Road in Stonegate Meadows
A recent application has been made to close a public road allowance and subsequently amend the Land Use Bylaw No. 987-11 to allow for the following:
- To close a portion of “Granite Road”.
- To amend Town of Raymond Land Use Bylaw No. 987-11 by designating the parcel of land to the General Residential (R-1) land use district.
- What does Road Closure Mean?
a. Road Closure is the process of removing a public road allowance previously dedicated. A parcel of land with a title is created in its place.
b. Municipal roads through or adjacent to titled lands may be closed under the Municipal Government Act if it is determined by Alberta Transportation that the road is not required as part of the provincial transportation system and does not affect legal access to any properties.
- Can anyone propose a road closure?
a. No, it needs to be initiated by the Municipality.
- Why was this initiated?
a. The developer successfully amended the Stonegate Meadows Area Structure Plan in July of 2021 that included the removal of this portion of roadway.
- Is the proposal consistent with the Stonegate Meadows Area Structure Plan.
a. Yes. The Stonegate Meadows Area Structure Plan can be viewed here.
- Is the Land Use Designation to General Residential consistent with the Stonegate Meadows Area Structure Plan.
a. Yes. The Stonegate Meadows Area Structure plan can be viewed here.
****Additional Information on the subject and Formal Notice of the Application can be found here.****
A Public Hearing to obtain public input will be held 6:00pm Tuesday, January 4, 2022.
Those wishing to provide input are either:
- Encouraged to provide written comments prior to 4:00pm January 3, 2022. Please due so to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register to Attend the Public Hearing prior to 4:00pm January 3, 2022. Please due so to the attention of email@example.com.
Any further questions, please contact the Town Office at 403-752-3322.