Land Use Bylaw No. 987-11 Amendment
Re: Retail Cannabis Store
Proposed Bylaw No. 1104-21
A recent application has been made to amend the Land Use Bylaw to allow the following:
- To have Retail Cannabis Store added as a “Discretionary Use – Municipal Planning Commission” to the General Commercial (C-1) Land Use District.
- To amend Part 3: Use Specific Standards – Section 10. Retail Cannabis Store
- Reduce the setbacks to provincial health care facilities and schools to be in line the AGLC from 300m to 100m (Note: This is more in line with the minimum requirement of 100m in the AGLC).
- Reduce the separation between retail cannabis stores from 300m to 150m. (Note: There is currently no minimum requirement listed in the regulations of the AGLC for requirements between stores)
- Increase the hours of operation from 10:00am – 9:00pm daily to 10:00am – 12:00am daily. (Note: The maximum AGLC regulated hours of operation are from 10:00am – 2:00am daily).
****Additional Information on the subject and Formal Notice of the Application can be found HERE.****
Operating a Retail Cannabis Store must follow Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis guidelines. Retail Cannabis Store guidelines can be found HERE.
A Public Hearing to obtain public input will be held 6:00pm Tuesday, September 21, 2021.
Those wishing to provide input are either:
A) Encouraged to provide written comments prior to 4:00pm September 20, 2021. Please due so to the attention of email@example.com.
B) Register to Attend the Public Hearing prior to 4:00pm September 20, 2021. Please due so to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to space and timing constraints, it is encouraged to utilize Option A.
Any further questions, please contact the Town Office at 403-752-3322.